In August of 2007 we robbed honey from our hives for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised that it really wasn't that difficult and they girls gave it up a lot easier than we expected!
Our hives were rather weak, and we ended up robbing only two of them. In fact, between those two hives we only got ten frames of honey. At first we were dissappointed, but after spending the entire evening and well into the wee hours of the next morning processing all of that honey, we were tickled pink at how much we got out of those ten frames. And to be honest, we were more than a little relieved that we didn't have any more to process. It was a lot of work! But well worth it.
In all, we got 77 pints of that beautiful Nectar of the Gods! Those little girls sure outdid themselves. We're pretty darn proud of them.
I wrote about this process on The Bee Buzz Blog and even threw in a couple of pictures. Check them out!